Houston High School is excited about being able to provide the A+ Tuition Reimbursement program to qualified graduates of Houston High School.
Goals of the A+ Program
- All students will graduate from high school.
- All students will complete a selection of high school studies that is challenging and has identified learning expectations.
- All students will proceed from high school to a college or post-secondary vocational or technical school or high wage job with workplace skill development opportunities.
Do I Qualify?
Assuming that state funds are appropriated yearly by the Missouri State Legislature, Houston High School graduates will be entitled to receive financial reimbursement if they meet the following requirements:
- Attended a designated A+ school for three consecutive years
- High School grade point average of 2.5 on a 4.0 scale
- 95% high school attendance record
- Tutored or mentored younger students for at least 50 unpaid hours
- Record of good citizenship and avoidance of the unlawful use of drugs
- Enrolled and attended, within four years of graduation, on a full-time basis, a Missouri public community or technical school, maintaining a grade point average of 2.5 on a 4.0 scale
- Attempted to secure all available federal financial assistance funds that do not require repayment (FAFSA)
- Entered into a written agreement with the school during the last three years of high school
- Registered with the Selective Service (males only)
For more information, contact
, A+ Coordinator
Last Updated on Tuesday, 31 July 2012 12:34