The Houston School District employs two school nurses to provide for the health and physical well-being of students. Services provided by the nursing staff include:
- Administering laws that protect the health of children attending school
- Emergency first aid treatment for injury or illness occurring during the school day
- The administration of medication, pursuant to Board policy
- Guidance and counseling concerning health problems of students
- Age-appropriate health education
- Health screenings
Every student in the district must have an updated health information form each year. This form can be obtained here - Student Health Form.
Please note: Many times, parents write a note to school officials explaining specific illness and/or injury issues which prevent students from participating in activities. The following concerns require a doctor's order (which may be faxed to the school by the doctor's office): medication taken at school, use of crutches, needing to carry a water bottle for additional fluids, no PE and/or recess (when it is for an extended period of time), extra bathroom breaks.
Last Updated on Monday, 21 November 2011 13:40