Houston High School Graduation Ceremony will be conducted at 7:00 p.m. on June 6, 2020 at the football stadium. In the event of inclement weather the ceremony will be changed to (in this order):
- First Option: June 6, 2020, at 10:00 a.m. (same day, different time)
2. Second Option: June 7, 2020, at 2:00 p.m.
Contingency plans will be communicated no later than 8:00 a.m. on June 6. Information will be communicated through School Messenger (phone and email announcement), student email, and social media (Facebook).
- There is no limit to friends and family attending; however, we do ask that all attendees abide by the recommendations listed below and communicated prior to and during the ceremony.
- There will be NO reserved seating.
- Football entry gates will remain locked until 4:30 p.m. There will also be several access gates open to eliminate congestion.
- The ceremony will be streamed live by the Houston Herald.
- Individuals will have the opportunity to bring blankets/lawn chairs in order to sit on the north and south hillsides on each side of the bleachers.
- Personal lawn chairs/blankets will not be allowed on the track/football field. All blankets and chairs will need to remain on the hillsides.
- There will be additional chairs on site to maximize the space for individuals to appropriately social distance from each other.
- According to the CDC, older adults and people of any age who have serious underlying medical conditions might be at higher risk for severe illness from COVID-19. Understanding this, please use your best judgment as to whether or not you should attend.
- We encourage you to stay home if you are ill or have been exposed to someone who is ill. Stay home if you have a fever.
- We encourage families to sit together and appropriately social distance from others. Handshakes and hugging should be avoided and consider wearing a mask.
- Following graduation, seniors (students only) will recess to the cafeteria to receive their packets. At that time, friends and family are asked to dismiss as well. Friends and family are discouraged to congregate in large groups.
- Houston R-I will not be responsible for personal choices made by those who attend and possibly placing themselves at personal health risk.
***There will be no scheduled Baccalaureate.
- Seniors (students only) will report to the cafeteria at 5:30 p.m. with cap and gown on.
- Graduation will start promptly at 7:00 p.m.
- Immediately following graduation, seniors (students only) will pick-up packets in the cafeteria.
Graduation practice and senior breakfast (students only) will be on June 5, 2020
- Students will report to the cafeteria at 9:00 a.m.
- Practice will begin at approximately 10:00 a.m. and end at approximately 12:00 p.m.
- Students must attend practice to participate in the commencement ceremony. Questions can be directed to Dr. Copley. firstname.lastname@example.org